1) A Face Shield deters you from touching your face - you'll think twice before touching your eyes or your nose or mouth.
2) If you cough or sneeze, fewer droplets will land on surfaces or spread through the air.
3) If someone sneezes or coughs at you, your shield can protect your face from direct exposure.
- Viruses are easily transmitted through your nose, eyes or mouth with hand contact. Your mucous membranes are a direct gateway into your body. Wash your hands before touching your face.
- Covid-19 is not an airborne virus, but contaminated saliva droplets can carry the virus a few feet away from an infected person and land onto surfaces. Most sneeze/ cough droplets will settle onto surfaces within 3 seconds and live there for hours or possibly a day or two (many factors affect how long viruses live on surfaces).